To support organizations that share its mission, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $61,305 in grants to deserving organizations within the area during quarter two.
Receiving grants for quarter two are:
- South Central College Student Scholarships ($20,000)
- Educare Foundation ($25,000)
- Open Your Heart to the Hungry and the Homeless ($5,000)
- Friends of Learning ($2,000)
- Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center ($2,500)
- St. Peter High School CellSlip Pouches ($3,025)
- St. Peter North Elementary Kindness Retreat ($3,480)
- Mankato D-Team ($300)
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community by providing support to organizations which strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. Since 2009, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $1.8 million in scholarships and grants to worthwhile organizations, programs and projects.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at www.mankatoclinic.com/Mankato-clinic-foundation. The next grant application deadline is June 1, 2019.