Well this is surprising. America’s favorite Valentine candy is . . . FRUIT? Someone looked at Google stats to find the Valentine’s Day treat each state searches for more than other states do. And chocolate-covered strawberries rank first.
- Chocolate strawberries with 10 states. (Georgia, Illinois, Mississippi, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.)
- M&M’s, eight states. (Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wyoming.)
- Edible chocolate roses, also eight states. (Alabama, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, and Washington.)
- Chocolate truffles, five states. (Connecticut, Louisiana, Montana, New Hampshire, and Wisconsin.)
- Dove Chocolate, five states. (Alaska, Delaware, Hawaii, Minnesota, and Utah.)
- Conversation Hearts, four states. (Iowa, Maine, Michigan, and North Dakota.)
- Hershey Kisses, four states. (Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, and South Dakota.)
- California is the only state where “candy necklaces” are first . . . New York and Texas love “heart-shaped chocolates” . . . and a “box of chocolates” is #1 in Idaho, Kansas, and South Carolina.
A separate study looked at our favorite things to get in a box of chocolate. The top three are caramel . . . chocolate-covered nuts . . . and chocolate-covered toffee.