It’s Pet Appreciation Week . . . or PAW for short. But do we really need a whole week to remind us to do that? It sounds like we’re pampering them on a regular basis already.
94% of pet owners in a new poll said they try to make their pets feel appreciated on a regular basis. And two-thirds feel like they treat their pet better than they treat THEMSELVES. Here are the top ten ways we show our pets some love . . .
- Playing with them.
- Telling them, “good boy” or “good girl.”
- Feeding them the food they like, even if it’s expensive.
- Making sure their food is also healthy.
- Always having their favorite treats on hand.
- Saying “I love you.”
- Making sure they have a nice bed or sleeping space.
- Buying them new toys.
- Letting them sleep in bed with us.
- Taking them to the vet for regular checkups.