The Minnesota Department of Transportation advanced or completed 261 road and bridge projects during the 2021 construction season.
Major projects completed in 2021
Southwest Minnesota (MnDOT District 7 and District 8)
- Highway 60, Madison Lake, Elysian, Waterville – Resurfaced 17 miles, reconstructed through Madison Lake, improved sidewalks and crossings, updated pedestrian ramps, modified access and turn lanes, improved county road lighting.
- Highway 19 downtown New Prague – Reconstructed Main Street in downtown New Prague, year two of a two-year, city-led project.
- Highway 99, Nicollet to St. Peter – Resurfaced 11 miles, replaced and lined culverts, added intersection lighting, lengthened turn lane.
- Highway 91, Adrian – Replaced bridge over Interstate 90, drainage and guardrail replacement.
- Highway 71, Sanborn bridge – Replaced bridge spanning the Cottonwood River, improved drainage and wildlife passage.
- Highway 71 in Willmar – Completed several road and safety improvements along six miles, including a reduced conflict intersection, median construction, culvert replacement, U-turn access, pavement maintenance, and concrete pedestrian crossings.