To support health and wellness in our region, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $63,000 in grants to community organizations during quarter four.
Grants approved in quarter four are:
- Aging Services for Communities – Transportation to help people stay in homes ($3,000)
- Camp Sweet Life Adventures – CSL Connects events for children with diabetes ($3,500)
- Good Counsel Learning Center –Scholarships ($5,000)
- Jonathan Zierdt Cancer Fund – JZ Caring Box Program ($6,000 annually 2023-27 to total $30,000)
- Lutheran Social Services of MN – Meals for Seniors ($5,000)
- Miracle League of North Mankato – Wheelchair basketball ($4,000)
- South Central Minnesota Food Recovery – Healthful ready-made meals for families in need ($5,000)
- VINE Faith in Action – Health and Wellness Programming ($7,500)
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community and support organizations that strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. In the last 10 years, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $1.8 million in scholarships and grants to worthwhile organizations and programs.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at www.mankatoclinic.com/Mankato-clinic-foundation. The next grant application deadlines are December 1 and March 1.